My goal is always to help the bride have the most fun, and stress-free wedding day possible. From getting ready to portraits to the send off I am there for my couples to ensure their day goes off without a hitch! Getting ready holds some crucial elements and really set the tone for how the rest of the day is going to go. Things can get a little hectic if you are not prepared. With these five tips for a stress-free wedding morning – bride addition you will make it as easy and stress-free as possible.
Let’s set you, your bridesmaids, and other vendors up for success! Here are five tips for a stress-free wedding morning so you can slay the prep portion of your wedding day and the rest of the day will follow!
Five Tips For a Stress-Free Wedding Morning
- Give yourself more hours than you think you’ll need. Things can easily run behind and the last thing you want to do is play catch up. This can happen for a million different reasons but it’s usually because hair and make-up time was underestimated. So build in some extra time so you’re not rushing through your morning.
- Lighting is so important! Not only for your photographer but for your hair and makeup artist. Get ready in a space/bridal suite that has a lot of natural light streaming in. Check out Airbnbs for some of the best getting-ready spots near your ceremony or reception.
- Keep your space clean and organized. This is sometimes hard to do but things are so much easier to pack up when things are in one location/corner. I try to put the bags in one spot and try to clean and tidy as you go. The last thing you want to do when it’s time to put on the dress starts a clean-up so your photos don’t have random bags all around. Plus at the end of the night, it’s easier to grab your bag and go rather than search about for your things.
- Eat. Wedding days are long and so many forget to eat while getting ready. This is the last time you’re going to get to eat before cocktail hour, and if you don’t do a first look there’s a good chance you’re missing that too which means the reception dinner is your chance! That could be upwards of a 12-hours between eating! So to feel your best, eat something in the morning and have snacks ready for a quick bite.
- Don’t forget about your details! Have all your details in a box or in a bag. Not only for your wedding photographer to photograph, but your hair and makeup artist and bridesmaids to quickly find pieces. This can be your hair pieces, your veil, to your invitation suite. Have a box or bag with all these goodies so you don’t have to chase down each item.
So there it is! My five tips for a stress-free wedding morning. This can truly make or break your wedding day timeline and your stress levels so make sure you are prepared. This is such a special time for you, your friends, and your family. It’s the time you get to put on that veil and become a bride, the time your mother gets to zip up your dress and help you with your jewelry one last time, and the time your father gets to see his little girl all dolled up for the best day of her life. Live in the moment and have fun the morning of. These tips will help you do just that!
Need some wedding planning tips? Check out the Ultimate Wedding Checklist